At St Brendan’s we celebrate our Liturgical and Spiritual life through formal and informal prayer at whole school, class and individual levels.
The School life is celebrated through Catholic prayer, liturgy and symbol. The way our community expresses its faith is demonstrated in the following:
- Praying our School Prayer each day at morning assemblies.
- Praying our Daily Examen in class.
- Masses or liturgies are celebrated on specific Feast Days.
- Grade Masses planned by students and staff are celebrated throughout the year.
- Opening and closing school year Masses are celebrated.
- Recognition of local and global issues are celebrated and acknowledged through prayer assemblies and liturgies.
- Each classroom has a sacred space or prayer table.
- Students participate in prayer and/or class based liturgies regularly.
- Children learn traditional Catholic prayers through the Religious Education modules taught in class and by participating in prayer within the classroom, at Mass and at assemblies.
- Children learn about the Mass through the Religious Education modules taught in class and by participating and taking on various roles during class and school Masses.
- Staff meetings always begin with a staff-led prayer. The beginning of each term is marked with a staff liturgy.
- Parent Spiriuality Days are celebrated throughout the year.